Trams to Newhaven
From 12 noon on 7th June 2023, trams started gliding to Leith, Ocean Terminal and Newhaven.
The highly successful Edinburgh Trams network has been extended by 3 miles to create a spine across the City. Trams will run from Edinburgh Airport, Gyle Centre, Edinburgh Park and Murrayfield Stadium across the City centre to 8 brand new stops conveniently located along Leith Walk, The Shore, directly outside the doors of Ocean Terminal and at Newhaven.
All the benefits of our award-winning tram network include:
- Turn up and go service with trams from every 7 minutes
- Running from 6am – Midnight 7 days a week
- Trams across the City centre serving Picardy Place, St Andrew Square, Princes Street, West End and Haymarket
- Easy ticketing options available at the tram stop and on our app
- Safe and secure network with CCTV and customer help points at all stops
- Fantastic customer service with onboard staff and lots of ways to contact us
We operate a ‘turn up and go’ service with trams from every 7 minutes, 7 days a week.
No need to check timetables, the real-time displays at every stop tell you when the next trams are due.
Tickets and fares
All of our current tram tickets are valid for travel throughout the extended network to Newhaven.
Single and return fares are for tram journeys only. You can also buy a Day Ticket to use on both the tram and Lothian bus services.
The extended tram network runs across the City from Edinburgh Airport all the way to Newhaven.
Convenient stops along the route include 4 rail stations and the bus station.
Keep your eyes on our social media for all the latest news: