On Monday 26 August, the spectacular Virgin Money Fireworks Concert will bring together unforgettable orchestral classics from the Scottish Chamber Orchestra, and fireworks specially choreographed by international pyrotechnics artists Pyrovision — all set against the magnificent backdrop of Edinburgh Castle. See the Orchestra up close from a seat at the Ross Theatre, or enjoy a picnic with family in the Gardens. Over 400,000 fireworks launched from the Castle make this one of the biggest fireworks concerts in the world.
To make way for the celebrations, Princes Street will be closed from 7.30pm. From this time, trams will be running to and from the West End and Edinburgh Airport only. The West End tram stop is only a few minutes’ walk from Princes Street Gardens which opens at 7pm ahead of the concert at 9pm.
Edinburgh Trams offers services from every seven minutes from locations such as Ingliston Park & Ride and connects with rail services at Edinburgh Gateway, Edinburgh Park Station and Haymarket. Tickets must be purchased prior to boarding using the ticket vending machine or the Transport for Edinburgh mticket app.
• The last full route departure times (city bound) will be:
- Edinburgh Airport at 6.35pm
- Ingliston Park & Ride at 6.37pm
- Gogarburn at 6.40pm
- Edinburgh Gateway at 6.43pm
- Gyle Centre at 6.44pm
- Edinburgh Park Central at 6.46pm
- Edinburgh Park Station at 6.48pm
- Bankhead at 6.50pm
- Saughton at 6.52pm
- Balgreen at 6.55pm
- Murrayfield Stadium at 6.57pm
- Haymarket at 7.00pm
- West End at 7.03pm
• The last full route departure times (airport bound) will be:
- York Place at 7.18pm
- St Andrew Square at 7.21pm
- Princes Street at 7.24pm
- West End every 7-10 minutes until 11.38pm
• Full route services will recommence at 5.30am from York Place on Tuesday 27 August.