Scottish Rugby has been given the greenlight to host fans at Friday's (28 August) derby match at BT Murrayfield.
Scottish Government has supported Scottish Rugby’s plans which will make the game the first professional rugby match in the UK to welcome spectators since the COVID-19 lockdown in March. Up to 600 spectators will be invited to watch the Guinness PRO14 match between Edinburgh Rugby and Glasgow Warriors.
We have worked with Scottish Rugby to ensure we can safely support the event. Therefore, we’re asking anyone who chooses to travel by tram to respect the measures in place. These include:
- Please don't use the tram if you are feeling ill - stay at home.
- Please sanatise or wash your hands before and after every journey.
- Please wear a face covering.
- Please respect social distancing of 1m. Where impossible, avoid physical contact and face away from others, keep the time you spend within 1m of others as short as possible.
- Please buy tickets using the TfE app, or buy return tickets from the ticket machine using contactless to minimise contact with surfaces.
- Please cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the bin.
- Please do not touch tram door release buttons as they will open automatically.
- Please be responsible and do not board if you feel the tram is too busy to maintain social distancing.
- Please board one at a time using all available doors. The single doors and seats at each end of the tram are not currently in use to keep our colleagues safe.
- Please keep windows open to allow a flow of fresh air into the tram
- Please be kind to our colleagues and fellow customers, we’re all in this together.
For more information on what we’re doing to keep you safe during COVID-19, please visit our Travel Advice page.
Edinburgh Trams offers services direct to BT Murrayfield from 15 locations across the city including Ingliston Park and Ride, Gyle Centre and the City Centre. Check out our journey planner for more information.
For more information on taking a tram to BT Murrayfield on an event day, click here.